A long and long-overdue chat with the man behind the popular (15K followers) Facebook page, The Honest Teacher.
The discussion is split into two parts, so make sure you saw part one!
Today we discuss
- how labels disable (continued)
- writing IEPs and executive functioning issues
- how Common Core cronyism connects to my conversations with Dave Smith and Pete Quinones from last week
- remediation as it was discussed in the Outcome-Based Education revelations of Peg Luksik - where's it at now?
- unprecedented teacher turnover: why it's happening and what it means for students
- an expansion on why The Honest Teacher uses the phrase "Orwellian nightmare"
- What is the mission and the future of The Honest Teacher project, and how you can help
The downloadable version of The Ideas Into Action Summit is now available.
Visit sspuniversity.com/ideasintoaction to learn more about the presenters, topics, bonus materials and encore presentation.
Please Support School Sucks
We do cool things! Thanks to your support.
School Sucks is one of the longest running liberty-minded podcasts on the web, and the only one completely devoted to the issue of education (versus public school and college). Your support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering our work. Please help us continue to spread this important message further!
Before you do anything, please bookmark and use this link for your Amazon shopping: Shop With Us
One-Time Donation Options:
Access our personal development bonus show, The Discomfort Zone, and lots of other irreverent and acerbic commentary you've never heard before.
Support Us On PATREON
Help incentivize our production! Pledge $1 per content item and access dozens of Patron only audios and videos.
Join the A/V Club
If you're looking for more School Sucks content, the A/V Club option grants you access to a bonus content section with 400+ hours of exclusive audio and video. If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...
|A/V Club - Basic Access - $8.00/Month||A/V Club - "Advanced" Access - $12.00/Month||Sigma Sigma Pi - "Privileged" Access - $16.00/Month|
BITCOIN CASH 1AmqLVxjw3Lp9KT5ckfvsqfN2Hn3B1hCWS