Historian and Professor Thaddeus Russell returns for a three-part discussion about problems in academia and the challenges facing this generation of college students.
Thaddeus has launched the first phase of his Renegade University.
1. Thad's Thoughts On the Work of Jonathan Haidt and generation-based explanations:
- Trigger warnings, moral dependency and the helicopter generation grown up
- Is over-parenting a class phenomenon?
- Media proliferation and the effect on parenting
- Are today's hysterias worse that the hysterias of the past?
- Information Overload
- Helicopter parents are children of divorce?
- Divorce and fear of abandonment
- One reason why leftists hate families
- Safety animals for college students
- Thad's Good Dad/Bad Step-Dad Theory
2. New Rejection of Intellectualism
- Liberalism (leftism) is now an identity and not an ideology
- debates are over
- what happened in promote anti-intellectualism in the 1960s; we have different theories
- define "intellectual"
- The new intellectuals of the 1960s are Marxists
- arrogance grows inside protective bubbles
- Listen and find out...
Thaddeus Russell's Site - www.thaddeusrussell.com
Previous School Sucks Show With Thaddeus Russell - https://schoolsucksproject.com/category/podcast/a-renegade-history-course-with-thaddeus-russell/
Please Support School Sucks
Our Amazon Wish List
Donate With Bitcoin
Or Join the A/V Club
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video.
If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...
|A/V Club - Basic Access - $8.00/Month||AP Club - "Advanced" Access - $12.00/Month||Sigma Sigma Pi - Full Access - $16.00/Month|