Based on the latest research on brain development and extensive clinical experience with parents, Dr. Laura Markham’s approach is as simple as it is effective. Her message: Fostering emotional connection with your child creates real and lasting change. When you have that vital connection, you don’t need to threaten, nag, plead, bribe—or even punish.
This remarkable guide will help parents better understand their own emotions—and get them in check—so they can parent with healthy limits, empathy, and clear communication to raise a self-disciplined child. Step-by-step examples give solutions and kid-tested phrasing for parents of toddlers right through the elementary years.
If you’re tired of power struggles, tantrums, and searching for the right “consequence,” look no further. You’re about to discover the practical tools you need to transform your parenting in a positive, proven way.
Internationally respected and recognized educatior Naomi Drew brings the same revolutionary action plan she developed for the classroom to parents everywhere. Illustrated by concrete situations, hands-on examples, and testimonials from real-life mothers and fathers.
• Streamline your home environment. Reduce the amount of toys, books, and clutter—as well as the lights, sounds, and general sensory overload.
• Establish rhythms and rituals. Discover ways to ease daily tensions, create battle-free mealtimes and bedtimes, and tell if your child is overwhelmed.
• Schedule a break in the schedule. Establish intervals of calm and connection in your child’s daily torrent of constant doing.
• Scale back on media and parental involvement. Manage your children’s “screen time” to limit the endless deluge of information and stimulation.
A manifesto for protecting the grace of childhood, Simplicity Parenting is an eloquent guide to bringing new rhythms to bear on the lifelong art of raising children.
Raising your children can be the most fulfilling thing you ever do. But your children can also challenge you like no one else will.
To make it through the sleepless nights and toddler tantrums, it is fundamental that you develop an understanding of what makes your child tick. An empowering book for parents, Heart-To-Heart Parenting is much more than just a “‘how to”’ book about raising happy and resilient children. It also advocates strongly for parents’ rights to be supported, and to find the greatest joy and pleasure along the way.
This book is a map—it makes parenting into an adventure, and the most profound personal growth journey
you will ever undertake. Robin Grille, Australian psychologist with twenty-five years’ experience,
brings you unique perspectives on:
• establishing a deep connection with your baby and child—long before birth!
• finding your inner heart-voice—your personal source of parenting wisdom and intuition
• understanding your baby’s and child’s emotional needs
• asserting strong boundaries (without punishment, shaming or manipulation)
• healing ourselves as we heal our children
• co-operative parenting—the secret to easier and more pleasurable parenting.
Imagine a world where war, tyranny, human rights abuses and ecological destruction are relics of the past. What if the means to create such a reality were in the hands of mothers and fathers, and all those involved in the care and education of children?
Parenting for a Peaceful World is a fascinating look at how parenting customs have shaped societies and major world events. It reveals how children adapt to different parenting styles and how these early experiences underpin the adults they become.
In this expansive book, Robin Grille draws on revolutionary new research to argue that the safeguarding of children’s emotional development is the key to creating a more peaceful and harmonious world.
Parenting for a Peaceful World is a book for parents, child health professionals, and adults learningto be whole again. It is a manifesto for policy-makers and a resource for teachers. If the findings outlined in these pages are put into practice, the result may be a revolution of peace, humanity, and a world beyond our imagining.