This is the first of two conversations; today Kylon interviews me and next time I will interview him.
Kylon dropped out of college during his freshman year in 2009. Since then he has founded and co-founded multiple companies in the construction, fitness, food service, real estate, and online education industries. He is the creator and host of The Successful Dropout Podcast. He joins me today to discuss School Sucks Project, Successful Dropout, college culture, and entrepreneurship.
- New thoughts my career, college and School Sucks
- Above the Snowflakes? the current college culture
- the future of higher education
- the student loan bubble and the "college is necessary" bubble
- aesthetic diversity
- the consequences of social engineering in college
- live off campus!
- Direct vs indirect credentialing
- just in case learning vs just in time learning
- transferable skills
- personal accountability, success is not an option
- kids are not defective
Help Brett Get To Portland, OR
Donate $25 or more and receive the shocking bonus show "Brett and Andrew's Teen Saga"
Our fundraising goal is $400 by June 21st!
Please Support School Sucks
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video.
If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...
|A/V Club - Basic Access - $8.00/Month||AP Club - "Advanced" Access - $12.00/Month||Sigma Sigma Pi - Full Access - $16.00/Month|