This episode is a supplement to our current "Sex-Ed" series. Christina Hoff Sommers is a former philosophy professor who now works as a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. She is the author of several books including Who Stole Feminism, The War Against Boys, and Freedom Feminism. She has a YouTube channel called "The Factual Feminist."
- I think the experiences I've had in the last year or so have led to an overly hostile and simplistic view of both academia and feminism.
-It's not feminism and it's not academia. The problem is where these two worlds collide - academic authoritarianism
- What is feminism to Christina?
- Responsibility for uncomfortable emotions
- The human need for safety, tragically expressed
- EQUALITY VS EQUITY
- Feminism's CLASSICAL LIBERAL ORIGINS
- 3 decades of specious research coming out of gender studies?
they believe they are objective, any dissent is the ideology
- Tragedy Collecting: how the culture or environment of academia contributes to this problem
- The war Against Boys - pathologizing boy behavior - school creates problems
- Are children generally hurt by gendered play
Please Support School Sucks
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video.
If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...
|A/V Club - Basic Access - $8.00/Month||AP Club - "Advanced" Access - $12.00/Month||Sigma Sigma Pi - Full Access - $16.00/Month|