SSP Productivity Month!
Jake Desyllas from The Voluntary Life is back to discuss the process of upgrading and maintaining positive habits.
- habits may seem trivial, but the are the most important part of a productivity system
- two approaches to change: slow and steady vs. New Year's resolution
- triggers for activating habits vs. friction against habits
- How do we do it? morning routine, 7 Weeks (Android app), Jake uses Way of Life (iOS)
- no matter what else is going on, do the simple things; even though these seemingly minor habits are the first thing that fall by the wayside when we're really busy
- Jake: "Habits dramatically reduce the amount of willpower and brainpower required to get things done. Once you have implemented a habit and can do it on autopilot, you conserve willpower and brainpower, helping you get more done."
- Willpower is a scarce resource; it degrades decision to decision
- identifying resources beyond willpower
- Jake: "Habits are easiest to adopt when they are simple to understand, when you minimize any friction at the start of the action, when there are clear environmental triggers that tell your unconscious to start the habit, and when you have feedback (rewards) for completion."
This month SSP has partnered with FEE, the Foundation For Economic Education. Are you between the ages of 14-26? Are you interested in Entrepreneurship? Learn More about FEE's seminars here.
New Subscriber Geography Trivia
Today's Show is also brought to you by Benjamin W. from Richmond, VA.
Thank you Benjamin for your contribution to SSP!
Please Support School Sucks
Our Amazon Wish List
Donate With Bitcoin
Or Join the A/V Club
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video. If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...