Today's guest is Mike Vine, the Editor at Schiff Gold News and the Principal at Centinel Consulting. I sat down with him last week in his Portsmouth, NH office to discuss the recent paper by Addison Quale titled, "The Student Loan Bubble: Gambling with America’s Future."
Episode #375 In a Nutshell:
- the place for personal responsibility in the student loan debt crisis
- Student loans represent the third bubble in the last 20 years, following the dot coms in the late-90s and the mortgage crisis of 2008
- there is a 300% increase in student loan debt in the last 10 years
- almost 25% of all loans are in some state of non-payment (default, deference, or forbearance)
- the significance of debt to GDP ratio
- the economic implications of this crisis
- How can people protect themselves? Precious metals? Bitcoin? Expatriation?
- Mike's advice for students
Look Closer - Related Episodes:
Please Support School Sucks
Our Amazon Wish List
Donate With Bitcoin
Or Join the A/V Club
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video. If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...