Stephanie Murphy and Brian Sovryn are in the School Sucks studio for a free-form, extended discussion on the topic of conspiracy theories.
In this first installment, we talk about
- how were we introduced to the world of conspiracy?
- was this introduction helpful?
- the process of waking up, aligned with the 5 stages of grief
- communication failure due to anger
- are there some reasonable psychological generalizations of conspiracy theorists?
- is that even a fair question?
- Tim Melley: "agency panic" - too much individualism coupled with a sense of powerlessness
- the problem with the psychologizing of conspiracy theorists
- what is the emotional payoff of promoting liberty and/or conspiracy theories?
Sovryn Tech Podcast - https://soundcloud.com/sovryntech
Stephanie Murphy: Website - http://www.smvoice.info/
The 5 Stages of Grief - http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/
Empire of Conspiracy: The Culture of Paranoia in Postwar America - http://www.amazon.com/Empire-Conspiracy-Culture-Paranoia-Postwar/dp/0801486068