Wes Bertrand and I continue our series based on Nathaniel Branden's book, Six Pillars of Self-Esteem. Today's show includes a discussion based on the second pillar, the Practice of Self-Acceptance.
THE SIX PILLARS OF SELF-ESTEEM
1. The Practice of Living Consciously
2. The Practice of Self-Acceptance
3. The Practice of Self-Responsibility
4. The Practice of Self-Assertiveness
5. The Practice of Living Purposefully
6. The Practice of Personal Integrity
Questions to answer in this series:
what is self-esteem?
why is it important?
what can we do to raise self-esteem?
what role do others play in our self-esteem?
The steps we'll try to follow for each pillar:
-identify and define
-what are the obstacles
-personal stories, struggles
-how to overcome them
"Man Like Me" Robert Downey Jr.
"Working My Way Back to You" The Detroit Spinners
"Jane Says" Jane's Addiction
Complete Liberty Podcast
An Introduction to Nonviolent Communication
The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem (pdf)