In this introduction to March's theme, I discuss the problems I am aiming to address, a brief history of creativity as a concept, what creativity is, and three helpful models for self-evaluation and conscious improvement.
- Am I out of ideas?
- Creativity is relatively new in human history
- "The Art of Thought" - A Pioneering Model of the Four Stages of Creativity, from a Fabian Socialist named Graham Wallas (1926)
- Ad man James Webb Young's "A Technique for Producing Ideas" (1939)
- Ad man Alex Osborn's "Creative Problem-Solving Process" (1953)
- Let's not forget about Sir Ken Robinson
Electric Guest - "This Head I Hold"
6 Obstacles to Creative Thinking and How to Overcome Them
What Is Creativity?
The Art of Thought: A Pioneering 1926 Model of the Four Stages of Creativity
A 5-Step Technique for Producing Ideas circa 1939
Osborn: Creative Problem-Solving Process
The Osborne-Parnes Creative Problem Solving Process
Please Support School Sucks
Our Amazon Wish List
Donate With Bitcoin
Or Join the A/V Club
Your continued support keeps the show going and growing, which keeps us at the top of the options for education podcasts and leads to new people discovering this message. This subscription also grants you access to the A/V Club, a bonus content section with 200+ hours of exclusive audio and video. If you are a regular consumer of our media, please consider making a monthly commitment by selecting the best option for you...