Podcast Listeners

Catch the Last Train to Facebook? (7 posts)

• Profile picture of Harold Harold said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Finding SchoolSucksProject has been a real treat. (Deep inside I needed to move past the Liberty Movement in American Politics and discover strategies and tools for living freely.)

Now I am slightly disappointed that I have to re-activate my Facebook account to interact with other SSP listeners. In stark contrast to the podcassts, this forum is like talking in an empty room. Brett has mentioned it on a few occasions.

I used FB for several years, and finally weened myself off of it. FB can be such a time suck.

Has anybody else had this experience? I have ideas I want to share with the group, but so far the forum seems dead.

• Profile picture of Dawn Dawn said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Hi Harold
    I quite FB yesterday – it just made me too negative to read my wall. I am simply not able to only go to the groups I would like to use and stay away from my wall…

• Profile picture of Antigone Antigone said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Facebook deactivated my account almost three weeks ago and very graciously allowed me the opportunity to send them a copy of a government photo ID with the hopes of maybe getting it reactivated. As any SSP listener can imagine, that didn’t go over so well.

And here we are. That train can go right ahead and pass me by.

• Profile picture of Harold Harold said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Dawn and Antigone, thanks for replying. Maybe there is hope for forums if enough people delete their FB accounts. Antigone, maybe you can turn SLA into a permanent platform against FB. Sorry for your troubles. I do so hope you remain a contributor to SSP. Cheers!

• Profile picture of Dawn Dawn said 3 years, 2 months ago:

I keep going back because I actually do want to connect w. the School sucks crowd – but then I get sucked into my feed… 🙁 That is def. my own problem – but I’d rather be in a forum. One thing that could be a help here is an option to recieve reminders, when people answer your posts, or when anyone writes anything here. I don’t know if there is that option? Haven’t seen it.

• Profile picture of Corymeyer72 Corymeyer72 said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I recently joined SSP after discovering Bret’s podcast. I’m still catching up on the podcast history that is available on iTunes via my iPhone. I’m a truck driver so it’s a great platform for me. Relative to this thread, I recently completely deleted FB from my phone. It’s been about three weeks now and I have to say I’m not missing it. I used to be an avid forum user in my online gaming days, so I’m glad to see the forum setup here. I’ll be ordering a wireless keyboard for my phone this week, which will make posting more convenient.

• Profile picture of Harold Harold said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Dawn and Cory, thanks for your replies. I am still holding off on reactivating my FB for SSP. Would be nice to be able to interact with SSP listeners without FB. Eventually we will figure out an alternative.