Non-Violent Communication (NVC) Group

Sudbury school nightmare (2 posts)

Topic tags: sudbury schools
  • Profile picture of Sandra Anne Sandra Anne said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hello all. As a single mom raising three children I had the idea that if I ever got on my financial feet I would send my children to a Sudbury School. Well, I never thought it would happen until I finally got a job near a school and with some family financial help, I was able to even though I had to work 6 days a week every week to pull it off. The result: my children HATED it and after some 4 months I finally pulled them out and we went back to unschooling. Now this same school is suing me and harassing me for the rest of the years tuition which was $6500. On multiple occasions I tried to work out with them the issues the children were having (mainly feeling bullied by the other children AND the staff.) On one occasion a staff member started screaming at me when I tried to talk to her about the difficulties. I feel bullied and truly frightened by their antics. Any advice or just some to talk to about this please. I never in my wildest dreams thought that a school like this would actually try to destroy the livelihood of a family. I was so wrong

• Profile picture of Dawn Dawn said 3 years, 4 months ago:

That sounds awful Sandra 🙁

I have no idea what you can do. What papers have you signed, what do they say?

Best hopes,