THE SIX PILLARS OF SELF-ESTEEM
1. The Practice of Living Consciously
2. The Practice of Self-Acceptance
3. The Practice of Self-Responsibility
4. The Practice of Self-Assertiveness
5. The Practice of Living Purposefully
6. The Practice of Personal Integrity
Questions to answer in this series:
what is self-esteem?
why is it important?
what can we do to raise self-esteem?
what role do others play in our self-esteem?
The steps we’ll try to follow for each pillar:
-identify and define
-what are the obstacles
-personal stories, struggles
-how to overcome them
“Tunnel of Love” Bruce Springsteen
“Can You Feel It” Jackson 5
“Mighty Love” The Detroit Spinners
Complete Liberty Podcast
- Wes Bertrand and I continue our series based on Nathaniel Branden's book, Six Pillars of Self-Esteem. Today's show includes a discussion based on the fourth pillar, the Practice of Self-Assertiveness. LIVING CONSCIOUSLY and asking in every applicable situation: Am I being authentic or not? Assertion of consciousness, see, think, be aware, outward and inward -ask…
- Wes Bertrand and I continue our series based on Nathaniel Branden's book, Six Pillars of Self-Esteem. Today's show includes a discussion based on the second pillar, the Practice of Self-Acceptance. THE SIX PILLARS OF SELF-ESTEEM 1. The Practice of Living Consciously 2. The Practice of Self-Acceptance 3. The Practice of Self-Responsibility 4. The Practice of…
- The first in a series of episodes aimed at detailing and dismantling specific elements of the destructive hidden curriculum in public education. Critical Thinking Question: Why is obedience to authority actually the opposite of virtue? Topic: An experience I had with students last Saturday led to a web of ideas about the problem of obedience…
- A stand-alone episode of School Sucks Podcast...in three parts. Critical Thinking Insinuation: When we consider the amount of faith and power that most people invest in government...maybe this group of people who call themselves "president" is not the real source of the disappointment and dissatisfaction of most people. Topic: This (second part of three) is…
- Critical Thinking Question: What is the real purpose of government? Topic: This (third part of three) is the continuation of a two-part discussion I recently had with Wes Bertrand. On September 18th, I tried to weave a series of loosely related thoughts together into one topic, while driving. I wasn't thrilled with the result. I…