…vs. Reason, Manners, Composure, Meaningful Communication and Philosophy
Logic is about understanding reality in a non-contradictory way and how can we see things for what they are.
Topic: Tony Myers (TragedyAndHope.com) and I discuss what is troubling us about Alex Jones, Piers Morgan, and the current gun control debate.
Complete Liberty Podcast
Logical Fallacies Handlist
Ayn Rand Lexicon
How Cognitive Distortions Cause Emotional Distress
Argumentum Ad Populum
Argumentum Ad Hominem
Straw Man Fallacy
The Existential Fallacy
- This short video outlines just a few of the tactics the Mainstream Media use to distort the gun debate. Audio from First Degree Liberty Podcast #14: The Media Sucks (January 2013) http://firstdegreeliberty.podomatic.com/entry/2013-01-24T22_42_32-08_00 SHOW NOTES: Brett Veinotte of School Sucks Podcast joins Chase and Mike to talk about media propaganda. In the wake of the mass…
- b>"Logic is man’s method of reaching conclusions objectively by deriving them without contradiction from the facts of reality—ultimately, from the evidence provided by man’s senses. If men reject logic, then the tie between their mental processes and reality is severed; all cognitive standards are repudiated, and anything goes; any contradiction, on any subject, may be…
- Show notes from First Degree Liberty: Brett Veinotte of School Sucks Podcast joins Chase and Mike to talk about media propaganda. In the wake of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the media has been turning up the propaganda in order to create a sense of fear over guns. Brett helps the guys…
- By popular demand: another show about Alex Jones. This is an After School Sucks Special recorded on July 26th, 2012, shortly after the shooting in Colorado. Brian Hagen, Allen Murdoch and I discuss various concerns and criticisms of Alex Jones and infowars.com. This is optional listening. Look Closer: Join the A/V Club Logical Fallacies Handlist…
- "In almost every act of our lives whether in the sphere of politics or business in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires that control the public…